About this FAASafety Wings Course
- Traffic patterns are designed to effect safe, orderly, flow of aircraft to and from
- Pilots in the pattern should be:
- Predictable. Other pilots in the pattern should know what you are going to do. Fly published patterns and use standard entry/exit procedures.
- Aware – Look and listen for traffic in the pattern. Monitor the CTAF (Common Traffic Advisory Frequency) and Approach Control Frequency.
- Proactive – Announce your position and intentions in the traffic pattern.
- Regular Take off and Landing practice is essential to maintaining aircraft handling skills.
- Power-on and Power-off accuracy landing practice and training will yield immense benefits should a forced landing become necessary.
1 sections 1 items